The YW Outcomes Realized through Leadership and Diversity (YWORLD) serves students at Guilford Middle School from dismissal until 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, throughout the 2016-2017 school year
- critical social and life development
- academic support
- sessions with themes that correlate with the mission of the YWCA Greensboro
- activities, discussions, field trips and guest speakers.
- Themes related to social justice issues, healthy relationships and civic engagement.
Each program day incorporates:
- homework time
- life development activity time
- self-expression activities
- specialized academic tutoring.
The YWORLD Afterschool Enrichment Program has a positive impact on families by providing youth a safe, empowering space during after-school hours and offers parents an accessible alternative to expensive after-school care. The program requires a $20 registration fee per session.