Teens Learning Childbirth (TLC) is a seven-week series offered three times a year, one day a week, for seven weeks. Teens Learning Childbirth education classes are designed especially for participants enrolled in our Teen Parent Mentor Program (TPMP) and Adolescent Parenting Program (APP). The classes are taught by a certified instructor and include educating expectant teens and their support person(s) on:
- Childbirth preparation
- Importance of prenatal care
- Assessing and asserting the healthcare needs for mom and baby
- Fitness activities that are fun and safe
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Newborn and postpartum care
- Resources available for doula support, nutrition, mental health, and more!
The YWCA provides dinner, and transportation as needed. Participants may attend TLC with a partner of their own choosing or may opt to be matched with a mentor.