Healthy Moms Healthy Babies is a personalized program for women and their children. The program seeks to help young women have healthy pregnancies and healthy children, and maintain a healthy lifestyle between pregnancies.
A Healthy Beginning
Healthy Moms Healthy Babies program includes:
- Long-term, individualized support offered by YWCA staff, that may include goal setting, transportation assistance, parenting support, and referrals to other community resources.
- Peer group education and support where moms can meet and network twice a month with other women while discussing topics such as health and nutrition, relationships, motherhood, and career goals. Meetings include fellowship, food, and fun!
- Childbirth classes including childbirth preparation, health information for expectant women, fitness activities, newborn care information, breastfeeding education and support, a hospital tour, and a healthy meal. Childbirth classes are taught by certified instructors.
- Doula training. A doula can enhance support for the mom, help the mom’s partner or other support person be involved in the birth, be there for the mom throughout labor, provide measures to keep the mom comfortable during labor and birth, and help the mom communicate with hospital staff.
- Modified childbirth education and doula services for women in treatment for addiction during pregnancy.
Healthy Moms Healthy Babies receives generous support from United Way of Greater Greensboro, NC Department of Health and Human Services, and March of Dimes.
All programs are free for women who meet eligibility requirements.